- - 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- - 1 medium onion, cut into ¼” dice
- - 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- - 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- - ½ lb. extra lean ground turkey
- - ¼ c. lower sodium soy sauce
- - 1 tsp. ground ginger
- - 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- - 1 8-oz. can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- - ½ bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Coat sauté pan in olive oil. Add onions and bring to a medium-high heat. Cook ~7 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 200F while onions are cooking.
3. Add garlic to onions, turn off heat and let cool.
4. In a large bowl, combine turkey, soy sauce, ginger, water chestnuts, cilantro, red pepper flakes and onion mix. Keep onion pan to cook the burgers on later.
5. Add ¼-1/2 c water to desired moisture of the burgers. Mix until combined.
6. Use an ice-cream scoop to portion out burgers
7. Bring onion sauté pan to a medium-high heat. Cook burgers on pan for ~5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Top with desired veggies and optional sauce, and enjoy!
To garnish: butter lettuce leaves, red onion, tomato slices. Optional dressing: non-fat or low-fat Greek yogurt or light Laughing Cow wedge cheese mixed with hot sauce of choice.
Prep Time 00:15; Cook Time 00:40; Total Time 00:55; Calories 285; Carbohydrates 12g; Fat 11g; Fiber 2.5g; Protein 32g; Serving Size 1; Sodium 614mg; Recipe Yield 8
Contributor Recipe adapted from Anne Burrell’s Recipe