- - 1 package dry yeast (2/5 tsp)
- - 1 ¼ cups lukewarm water
- - 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- - 2 cups all-purpose flour
- - 1 tablespoon olive oil
- - 1 tablespoon honey
- - ½ teaspoon salt
1. Place yeast in a measuring cup with lukewarm water until softened. In a food processor, add whole wheat and all purpose flours, softened yeast, oil mixed with honey and salt. Pulse processor to combine all ingredients.
2. Process until the dough forms a ball on the blade. Remove dough to a large oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes or until dough has doubled in bulk.
3. Punch down dough and transfer to a floured board and knead briefly. Divide dough into 4 equal portions and roll each piece into a ball. Place the balls of dough, covered, in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. Bring the dough to room temperature before proceeding.
5. On a floured board, roll and stretch each piece of dough into a 7- to 8-inch circle. Place each circle on a wooden pizza peel or pizza pan and top as desired.
Calories 210; Carbohydrates 42g; Fat 2.5g; Protein 6g; Recipe Yield 8 servings