- - ¾ cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- - ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- - ½ cup diced mango
- - ¼ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- - ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- - ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- - ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- - 1 pound halibut, trout, or flounder, divided into 4 (4 ounce) filets
- - ½ cup low sodium chicken broth or stock
Preheat oven to 375.
Bring 1 ½ cups of water to boil. Add couscous. Stir well. Remove from heat and let stand approximately 3 minutes until all liquid is evaporated. Add approximately half of the pomegranate seeds, mango, mint leaves and rice wine vinegar. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Place fish filets on oil sprayed baking sheet. Divide couscous mixture in half, set half aside and divide remaining half evenly on top of each filet. Pour chicken broth over filets, cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Add remaining pomegranate seeds, mango, mint leaves and rice wine vinegar to remaining couscous.
Serve baked fish and couscous with remaining couscous.
Prep Time 00:15; Cook Time 00:20; Total Time 00:35; Calories 300; Carbohydrates 38g; Fat 3g; Protein 28g; Serving Size 1 piece ; Recipe Yield 4
Contributor 20/20 LifeStyles