- - Nonstick olive or canola oil cooking spray
- - 2 teaspoons olive oil
- - 1 onion, finely chopped
- - 2 to 3 cups leftover cooked chicken pieces, diced
- - 1 garlic clove, minced
- - ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- - 2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- - **One 10-ounce package frozen white corn, thawed, or one 15-ounce can, drained
- - One 4-ounce can diced green or jalapeno chile peppers
- - Two 15-ounce cans white northern beans
- - **If you have not yet added corn to your food choices, you can substitute 1 cup chopped red or green pepper in place of the corn.
1. Spray a saucepan, add the oil, and sauté the onions until tender. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes.
2. Serve with reduced fat shredded cheese, fat-free sour cream, and salsa, if desired. Not included in nutritional analysis.
Calories 250; Carbohydrates 27g; Fat 4.5g; Protein 30g; Serving Size 1 cup; Recipe Yield 6 servings
Author Recipe adapted from Trim Kids by M.S. Sothern, T. Kristian von Almen, & H. Schumacher