- - 2 cups shredded cooked skinless chicken breast
- - 1 Tablespoon low sodium taco seasoning
- - ½ white onion chopped
- - Cooking Spray
- - 2 (14 oz) cans fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- - 1 (16 oz) can cannellini beans, rinse and drained
- - ½ cup green salsa
- - Chopped fresh cilantro
- - Salt and pepper to taste
- - 1 teaspoon plain, fat free Greek Yogurt, such as Fage 0%
Toss chicken and taco seasoning together to coat. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Spray pan with cooking spray. Add onions, sauté for 2 minutes until soft and lightly browned. Add chicken and sauté for 2 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Add broth, while scraping bottom of pan to loosen browned bits and onions.
Put beans in small bowl to be mashed by hand or fork. Add beans and salsa to pan and stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thick. Serve with a dollop of plain fat-free Greek Yogurt (Fage 0%) if desired and season with salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro.
Calories 134; Carbohydrates 9g; Fat 3g; Protein 18g; Recipe Yield 6 servings
Author Adapted by Megan Vucinovich, RD from Cooking Light