- - Salad:
- - 2 sweet red peppers
- - 2 sweet yellow peppers
- - 1 sweet green pepper
- - 2 ribs celery
- - 2 medium cucumbers
- - 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- - 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- - 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- - 3 Tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- - 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- - 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- - ¼ teaspoon salt
- - Dash or more cayenne, to taste
- - ¼ cup chopped cilantro or fresh parsley
1.) Core and seed the red, yellow and green peppers and finely julienne them. Finely julienne the celery. Place the vegetables in a glass or stainless-steel bowl.
2.) Peel the cucumbers, halve them lengthwise, remove the seeds, and finely julienne the flesh. Add the cucumbers to the bowl. Add the onion and tomatoes.
3.) In a small bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss the ingredients to combine them. Cover the salad, and chill it for 1 hour, tossing it occasionally. Serve it well chilled.
Calories 80; Carbohydrates 14g; Fat 2.5g; Protein 3g; Recipe Yield 6 servings
Author Recipe from Jane Brody’s Good Food Gourmet