- - 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- - 1 Tablespoon finely minced or grated gingerroot
- - 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- - 1 Tablespoon paprika (use some hot paprika, if desired)
- - 1 ½ teaspoon coriander
- - 1½ teaspoon cumin
- - 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste (optional)
- - 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- - ¾ teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- - 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
1) In a small bowl, combine the marinade ingredients
2) Slash the chicken 1-inch deep at intervals. Coat the chicken pieces with the marinade, rubbing some of the marinade into the slashes. Place the chicken in a bowl, cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap, and place the chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 6 hours and up to 1 day.
3) Oil the broiler rack, and place it 6 inches from the heat. Preheat the broiler.
4) Place the chicken pieces on the rack, and broil the chicken for 20 minutes on one side. Turn the pieces over and broil them on the other side for 15 minutes or until their juices run clear when they are pierced with a fork.
Prep Time 00:10; Cook Time 00:35; Total Time 00:45; Calories 200; Fat 2.5 g; Protein 38 g; Serving Size 1 (5oz) ; Recipe Yield 6
Contributor 20/20 LifeStyles