1. Stem and wash your spinach well but no need to spin or pat it dry. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pot, add onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, until translucent. Add spinach, cover with a lid and cook, stirring occasionally, until wilted, about 2 to 4 minutes for baby spinach and 4 to 6 minutes for regular spinach.
3. Transfer to a colander and drain. With the help of a spoon press the spinach to extract as much water as possible.
4. Transfer spinach to the bowl of a food processor and puree until smooth (alternatively you can use a blender or an immersion blender). Set aside.
5. In a large bowl combine eggs, water and salt and briskly whisk with a fork just until yolk and whites are thoroughly blended (do not over mix.)
6. Whisk in spinach puree and ground black pepper.
7. Place a small 8” nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 30 seconds and lightly grease. Pour ⅓ cup of egg mixture and give it a good swirl so that they spread out thinly across the entire pan. Let eggs set, this happens quickly depending on the heat of your pan - about one minute.
8. Run a spatula underneath the omelette, turn the omelet upside-down and cook on the other side for 30 seconds.
9. Slide the omelette out of the pan onto a countertop, large cutting board or large plate. Repeat with the remaining spinach egg mixture. Makes 6 omelettes. Set aside and allow to cool.
Whipped ricotta cream:
10. In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth and pliable. Stop the mixer and add ricotta, milk, salt and pepper. Beat on medium speed for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture is less grainy and fluffed.
11. Once the omelets have cooled, place one omelet on a serving plate and spread a layer of ricotta cream onto it. Gently press another omelet onto the ricotta cream, try to get it as flat as possible and make sure the cream is to the edge. Repeat for as many omelets as you have.
12. When done with the layering, “frost” the top and sides with the remaining ricotta cream. Place in the refrigerator and allow to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.