- - 1 1/3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- - 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- - ¼ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- - ½ teaspoon chili powder
- - 1 Tablespoon red pepper flakes
- - 1 teaspoon paprika
- - 1 Tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeno pepper (optional)
1) In a large stockpot, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 40 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2) Remove the pot from the heat and set aside for 1 hour. Remove the chicken and shred.
Serves 4. Calories 180; Fat 2.5 g; Carbohydrate 2 g; Protein 36 g
Stage 2 Option: Serve over lettuce and top with salsa
Stage 3 Option: Serve over lettuce and top with salsa and fat-free sour cream
Prep Time 00:05; Cook Time 01:00; Total Time 01:05; Calories 180; Carbohydrates 2 g; Fat 2.5 g; Protein 36 g; Serving Size 1; Recipe Yield 4
Contributor 20/20 LifeStyles