- - 1 small spaghetti squash (about 2 lbs)
- - 1 (28oz) can no-salt added diced tomatoes
- - 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- - 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- - 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- - 1 pinch of dried red pepper flakes
- - 1/2 tsp salt
- - 1/2 tsp dried basil
- - 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- - dash freshly ground black pepper
1.) Cook the spaghetti squash using either the oven or microwave method.
2.) Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Mix in the garlic and cook another 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes, red pepper flakes, salt, basil and oregano. Cook, stirring until the tomatoes are tender and floating in juices (but still hold their shape), about 5 minutes. Season with black pepper.
3.) Halve the baked squash horizontally. Scrape out and discard the seeds. Using a fork, scrape out the squash in strands.
4.) Divide 4 cups of the squash among 4 deep pasta bowls. Spoon 1/4 of the sauce over the squash in each bowl.
5.) Top with very lean or lean protein. Or sauté vegetables with ground turkey breast to add protein.
Calories 150; Carbohydrates 28g; Fat 5g; Protein 3g; Recipe Yield 4 servings
Author Recipe from www.Calorieking.com