- 15 oz. can no-salt-added tomato sauce (such as Muir Glen)
- 1 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ c. dry instant brown rice
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ c. cilantro, minced
- 8, 100 calorie, large whole-grain burritos (such as La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious)
- ¾ c. part-skim pepper jack or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¾ c. diced tomato
- 3 c. lettuce
- In a slow cooker, combine sauce, taco seasoning and green chilies. Stir. Add chicken and turn to coat in the sauce. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Shred chicken from slow cooker with two forks, transfer to a large bowl and top with 3-4 tbsp. sauce from slow cooker, and put the rest of the sauce in a separate bowl.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Add lime and cilantro to rice, cover to keep warm.
- Add ¼ c. cooked rice to each burrito. Divide shredded chicken evenly into each burrito. Roll (folding sides in) and place seam side down on baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Divide remaining sauce from slow cooker among top of the cooked burritos. Top with 1/8 c. shredded cheese, 1/8 c. diced tomato and ½ c. lettuce. Serve with a serving of steamed or fresh vegetables, or green salad for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Optional: serve lettuce-wrapped and use cauliflower rice for a stage 3 entrée. Or use lean
ground beef or turkey vs. chicken for variety.
Prep Time 00:15; Cook Time 08:00; Calories 340; Carbohydrates 35g; Fat 9.5g; Fiber 14g; Protein 37g; Serving Size 8 servings.; Sodium 580mg