- - 4 frozen or fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts (~6-7 oz. each)
- - 2, 14.5 oz. cans petite diced tomatoes
- - 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- - 1-2 tbsp. minced garlic (per taste preference)
- - ½ c. balsamic vinegar
- - 2 tsp. oregano
- - 2 tsp. chopped basil
- - 2 tsp. chopped rosemary
- - ½ tsp. lemon pepper blend (such as Mrs. Dash variety)
- - 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
Add liner or spray to bottom of slow cooker, then add chicken, onion and herbs.
Top with vinegar and tomatoes.
Cook on low setting for 8 hours, or high setting for 4 hours.
Shred with fork and serve as desired.
Serving suggestions: over cauliflower rice (stage 2), brown rice or quinoa (stage 7) or as next-day leftover ‘soup’ (add low sodium broth, stage 2.)
Prep Time 00:20; Cook Time 08:00; Total Time 08:20; Calories 270; Carbohydrates 18g; Fat 6g; Protein 38g; Serving Size 1; Sodium 129mg; Recipe Yield 4
Contributor Adapted from beckysbestbites.com