Slow-Cooker Apple Cider Pulled Chicken Sandwiches (Stage 7)
- 1 large apple, peeled and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. dry mustard
- ¾ cup apple cider
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 16 slices, ~50-60 calories each, of whole-grain bread or baguette (such as Dave’s brand)
- 8 oz. reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (such as Cabot brand 75% less fat)
- Place the onion and apple slices on the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Lay the chicken breasts on top of the apples and onions, and sprinkle on the salt, pepper, paprika, and mustard. Pour the cider over the top.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker, shred with two forks, and return to the slow cooker.
- Using tongs, toss together the chicken, apples, onions and cooking liquid until evenly distributed.
- Top one slice of bread with the shredded chicken mixture, 1 oz. cheddar, and top with the other slice of bread.
Prep Time 00:15; Cook Time 08:00; Calories 345; Carbohydrates 36g; Fat 8.5g; Fiber 7g; Protein 39g; Serving Size 8 servings; Sodium 645mg
- PRINT THIS RECIPE
- MORE LIKE THIS