- - 4 teaspoons Olive Oil
- - 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- - 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- - 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into to 1 inch lengths
- - Juice from 1 medium lemon
- - ½ teaspoon sea salt
- - 7 to 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- - 1 pound, raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- - 1 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- - 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- - Juice from 2 medium limes
- - 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
Add bell peppers, asparagus, lemon juice, ¼ teaspoon of salt. Occasionally stir mixture as it is cooking, when vegetables are beginning to soften (5 to 6 minutes) transfer from skillet to large bowl, cover to keep warm.
Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to skillet, add garlic and stir for approximately 30 seconds.
Add shrimp and cook, stirring for approximately 1 minute.
Whisk chicken broth and corn starch together in a small bowl, add to skillet, add ¼ teaspoon salt. Cook stirring until the sauce has thickened, approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and parsley. Stir shrimp mixture in to vegetable bowl.
Prep Time 00:20; Cook Time 00:10; Total Time 00:30; Calories 227; Carbohydrates 14g; Fat 7g; Protein 28g; Serving Size 1; Recipe Yield 4
Author Mary Mach Contributor Adapted from Eating Well