- - Salsa:
- - Nectarines, ~16 oz. worth, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- - 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- - 1/4 cup diced red onion
- - 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chervil
- - 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- - 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- - 1 teaspoon honey
- - 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- - ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- - 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- - 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- - 4 salmon fillets (with skin), ~7 ounces uncooked each and about 1 inch thick
- - 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- - ¼ teaspoon salt
- - 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. In a medium bowl combine the salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat.
3. Season the salmon on both sides with the red pepper flakes and salt, then drizzle with the lime juice. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the salmon, flesh side down, over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until you can lift the fillets off the grate with tongs without sticking, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Turn the fillets and cook them to your desired doneness, ~4 minutes or until cooked through. Slip a spatula between the skin and the flesh, and transfer the fillets to serving plates. Serve warm with the salsa.
Prep Time 00:18; Cook Time 00:12; Total Time 00:30; Calories 400; Carbohydrates 18g; Cholesterol 120mg; Fat 20g; Fiber 2g; Protein 38g; Saturated Fat 4.5g; Serving Size 1; Sodium 380mg; Recipe Yield 4
Contributor Adapted from Weber’s Way to Grill & Cooking Light