1. Heat canola oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, and sauté until soft.
2. Add quinoa and broth to onion and garlic mixture, stir. Next, add cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture come to a boil. Then, cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add corn and black beans and allow to heat through before gently mixing in cilantro.
- Side dish to a very lean or lean protein
- Add rotisserie chicken
- Add scrambled egg whites for a “fried rice” type meal