- - ¼ cup quinoa, cooked
- - 1 whole egg
- - 4 egg whites or ½ cup egg substitute/whites
- - ¼ cup spinach, chopped
- - ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced (use more or less per your preference)
- - ¼ cup apple such as Honeycrisp or Fuji, chopped
- - 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese or similar, grated
- - Salt and pepper to taste*
*Nutrition information does not include any salt added to taste. Be sure to measure salt used. Optional: omit quinoa for a stage 4 breakfast
1. Spray a large mug or cereal bowl with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together the egg and egg whites. Stir in quinoa, vegetables, apple, cheese, and salt and pepper.
3. Microwave on high about 2 minutes 30 seconds, stirring contents mid-way through cooking time to ensure eggs cook evenly. Cooking time may depend on microwave. Cook until eggs are cooked through and no longer runny.
4. This recipe can also be baked in an oven safe dish at 350°F for 10-15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
Prep Time 00:05; Cook Time 00:05; Total Time 00:10; Calories 247; Carbohydrates 18g; Fat 8.2g; Fiber 2.7g; Protein 25g; Saturated Fat 3.2g; Serving Size 1; Sodium 413mg; Recipe Yield 1
Contributor Adapted from slenderkitchen.com