- - 10 oz raw boneless, skinless lean chicken breast cut into 8 strips
- - ¼ tsp salt
- - ¼ tsp black pepper
- - ¼ cup honey mustard
- - 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- - ¼ cup liquid egg substitute (or all egg whites)
- - 20 standard-sized whole grain pretzel sticks
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine honey mustard, yellow mustard and egg substitute and whisk well. Add chicken to egg and mustard mix, set aside. Marinade for at least 5 minutes.
3. In a sealable plastic bag, crush pretzels until they are fine. Spread the pretzels over a large plate or dish and set aside.
4. Transfer chicken strips to the pretzel mix and coat. Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through), flipping halfway.
Calories 175; Carbohydrates 16g; Fat 1.5g; Protein 18g; Serving Size 2 chicken strips; Recipe Yield 4 servings
Author Recipe adapted from Hungry-girl.com