- - 8 cups fresh spinach (about ½ pound)
- - ½ cup fresh mung bean sprouts, washed
- - 2 green onions, sliced
- - 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms (about 6 ounces)
- - ¼ cup Orange-Sesame Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- - 1 seedless orange
1) Wash the spinach well, discarding tough stems and wilted leaves. Break into large pieces and dry in a salad spinner. Place in a salad bowl.
2) Toss together the sprouts, scallions and mushrooms. Place on tope of the spinach.
3) Whisk the dressing just prior to pouring it on the salad. Toss it into the salad. The spinach will wilt slightly from the dressing.
4) Cut the peel and white pith away from the orange. With a sharp paring knife, remove the segments from the membranes. Arrange the orange segments on top of the salad.
Calories 30; Carbohydrates 6g; Fat 0g; Protein 3g; Recipe Yield 6 servings
Author Recipe from “1,000 Lowfat Recipes” by Terry Blonder Golson