- - 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- - 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- - 1 package(s) (10-ounce) sliced mushrooms
- - 4 green onions, sliced, green and white portions separated
- - 2 teaspoon(s) peeled grated fresh ginger
- - 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- - 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed with press
- - 1 bag(s) (16-ounce) shredded cabbage mix for coleslaw
- - 1/3 cup(s) chicken broth
- - 20oz shredded leftover cooked turkey (5oz per person)
- - 3 tablespoon(s) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- - 3 tablespoon(s) (plus additional for serving) hoisin sauce
- - 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas (100 calories each ) like La Tortilla Factory or Flat Out Light brands, warmed
1. In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium-high until hot. Add mushrooms and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until tender and lightly browned. Transfer mushrooms to plate; set aside.
2. In same skillet, heat remaining 2 tsp. oil on medium-high. Stir in white portion of onions, ginger, crushed red pepper, and garlic. Add coleslaw mix and cook 2 minutes or until cabbage begins to soften, stirring constantly. Add water and cook 1 to 2 minutes or until water evaporates and cabbage is tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Stir in turkey, soy sauce, 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce, and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes or until turkey is hot, stirring constantly.
3. If you like, spread additional hoisin sauce on tortillas to serve; top with turkey mixture and sprinkle with green portion of green onions. Roll up to eat out of hand.
Calories 420; Carbohydrates 25g; Fat 15g; Protein 40g; Recipe Yield 4 servings
Author Adapted by Azucena Gamarra, MS, RD, CD from Good Housekeeping