- - 1 pound lentils (about 2 ½ cups)
- - 5 cups water
- - 1 teaspoon salt
- - 1 16-ounce can tomatoes or tomato sauce
- - 1 medium onion, chopped
- - 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- - 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
1. Wash and drain lentils
2. Add lentils, water and salt to pan. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down, cover and boil gently for 30 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes or tomato sauce, onion, chili powder and garlic or garlic powder. Stir.
4. Cover and boil gently for 30 more minutes.
Calories 310; Carbohydrates 53g; Fat 2g; Protein 21g; Recipe Yield 6 servings