- - 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- - 4 (4oz) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- - 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- - ½ teaspoon black pepper
- - 1/3 cup water
- - 1 medium onion, chopped
- - 4 cloves garlic, minced
- - 1 28oz can plum tomatoes
- - 2 teaspoons dried or 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- - 1 teaspoon dried or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped oregano
- - Pinch of sugar
- - Pinch of red pepper flakes
- - 4 teaspoons drained capers
- - 1- 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives
- - 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- - ½ cup fresh parsley, minced
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Add chicken breasts to skillet, cook on each side for 5 to 6 minutes until cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet. Add water and onions, cook for 6 to 8 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 1 minute.
Add canned tomatoes, breaking up tomatoes with your hands. Add basil and oregano.
Increase heat to high and cook for 4 minutes. Lower heat to medium; add sugar and red pepper flakes, heat uncovered for 20 minutes or until thick. Add capers, olives, and chicken breasts. Cook on medium low for 5 minutes.
Add balsamic vinegar. Remove from pan and garnish with parsley.
Prep Time 00:10; Cook Time 00:50; Total Time 01:00; Calories 255; Carbohydrates 15g; Fat 11g; Protein 30g; Sodium 1 piece ; Recipe Yield 4
Contributor 20/20 LifeStyles