- - 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- - ¼ cup tahini (sesame paste)
- - ¼ cup lemon juice
- - Water, if needed
- - 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- - ½ tsp ground coriander
- - ¼ tsp cumin
- - ¼ tsp paprika
- - Dash cayenne
- - ¼ cup minced scallions
- - 2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley for garnish
1. In a blender, in batches, or in a food processor, process the chickpeas, tahini and lemon juice until the mixture reaches the consistence of a coarse paste; use as much of the chickpea liquid and/or water as needed.
2. Add the garlic, coriander, cumin, paprika and cayenne and process the ingredients again to combine them thoroughly. Transfer the hummus to a bowl, and stir in the scallions.
3. Cover the hummus, and chill it until 1 hour before serving time, adding the parsley garnish just before serving the dip.
Calories 50; Carbohydrates 6g; Fat 3g; Protein 2g; Serving Size 2 Tablespoons; Recipe Yield 14 servings
Author Recipe from Jane Brody’s Good Food Gourmet