- - 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, divided
- - 4 Tablespoons (1/4 cup) finely chopped scallions, divided
- - 2 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- - 2 Tablespoons water
- - 2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- - 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- - ¼ teaspoon cayenne, to taste
Preparation tip: Sesame seeds can be toasted in a skillet but
must be tossed frequently to keep them from burning.
1) Set 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds aside.
2) In a small bowl, combine the remaining teaspoon of sesame seeds with 3 Tablespoons of the scallions and remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until shortly before serving time.
3) Before serving the sauce, add the remaining tablespoon of scallions and the reserved sesame seeds, stir to combine the ingredients thoroughly.
Calories 40; Carbohydrates 2g; Fat 3g; Protein 1g; Serving Size 1; Recipe Yield 4
Contributor 20/20 LifeStyles