- - 3 ounces low-sodium ham (or 3-4ounce cooked chicken Italian sausage such as Isernios, if using Italian sausage omit Italian seasoning)
- - 2 ounces shredded low fat Jarlsberg cheese
- - 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- - 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- - 3 large egg whites
- - 2 large eggs
- - 1 teaspoon olive oil
- - 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- - 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- - 1/2 cup (1-inch) slices asparagus
- - 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Combine ham, cheese, black pepper, salt, egg whites, and eggs, stirring well with a whisk.
Heat a 9-inch nonstick skillet coated with olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and asparagus; sauté 3 minutes. Add egg mixture; reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, 3 minutes or until almost set. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Wrap handle of pan with foil; broil 3 minutes or until egg is set. Cut into 4 wedges.
Calories 280; Carbohydrates 9.6g; Fat 15g; Protein 31.3g; Recipe Yield 2 servings
Author Adapted by Azucena Gamarra, MS, RD, CD from Cooking Light