- - 1 ¼ pounds salmon fillet, skin on
- - Vegetable-oil spray or vegetable oil for brushing the grill grate
- - ½ Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- - ¼ cup thinly sliced scallion greens
- - 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- - 2 Tablespoons dry white wine 1 Tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- - 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- - 1 Tablespoon peeled, minced ginger 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- - 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- - ¼ cup finely chopped scallions, white parts only
Rinse and pat dry the salmon. If needed, remove any bones. Place the salmon skin side down in a nonreactive pan or on a platter with a lip.
2) Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl, mix well, and pour over the salmon. Then turn the salmon skin side up, cover the pan or platter with plastic wrap and place the fish in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 12 hours.
3) Start the grill.
4) When the grill is hot, remove the grill grate, and spray or brush the grate with the vegetable oil, then replace the grate on the grill. When you are sure the grate is hot, place the fish on it, flesh side down.
5) Grill the fish for about 5 minutes, then turn it, and grill it about 5 minutes longer or for a total of 10 minutes to the inch measured at the fish's thickest part. When the fish is done, remove it to a serving platter flesh side up, and sprinkle the fish with the sesame seeds and scallion greens.
Prep Time 00:30; Cook Time 00:10; Total Time 00:40; Calories 260; Carbohydrates 1 g; Fat 15 g; Protein 29 g; Serving Size 1; Recipe Yield 4
Contributor 20/20 LifeStyles