- - Salad:
- - 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- - 1 red onion (about ¼ pound), peeled, sliced and separated into rings
- - ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- - Dressing:
- - 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- - 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- - ¼ teaspoon cumin
- - Salt to taste (optional)
- - Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1.) Steam the beans over boiling water in a covered pot for 5-6 minutes or until the beans are tender-crisp. Rinse the beans immediately under cold water to preserve their color, drain them, and let them cool.
2.) Transfer the beans to a bowl, and add the onion rings.
3.) In a small bowl or jar, combine the dressing ingredients. Add the dressing to the green beans and onion, and toss the salad gently.
4.) At serving time, add the parsley and toss the salad again. The salad is best served at room temperature.
Calories 80; Carbohydrates 11g; Fat 3.5g; Protein 2g; Recipe Yield 4 servings
Author Recipe from Jane Brody’s Good Food Gourmet