- - 2 cups oats
- - 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- - 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- - 1/4 cup chopped slivered almonds
- - 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- - 1/3 cup orange juice
- - 1/4 cup honey
- - 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- - 2 teaspoons canola oil
- - 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- - Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 300°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Combine orange juice, honey, and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in oil and vanilla.
4. Pour honey mixture over oat mixture, stirring to coat. Spread mixture in a thin layer onto a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 300° for 10 minutes; stir well. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon granola into a bowl. Cool completely.
Note: Store completely cooled granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Calories 100; Carbohydrates 21g; Fat 4g; Fiber 3g; Protein 2g; Sodium 100mg; Sugar 9g; Recipe Yield 18 servings