- - 8 cups chopped raw greens
- - 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- - 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- - 1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- - ½ teaspoon tamari or low-sodium soy sauce
1.) For greens with tough stems, cut the leaves away from the stem before washing. Wash greens carefully. An easy way to do this is to fill your sink with cold water and submerge the greens. If the water has a lot of sediment, drain the sink and repeat. Drain greens and chop.
2.) Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet. Add garlic and sauté a minute or so. Add greens and keep them moving in the skillet. Turn frequently so that all the greens reach the heat. When all greens have turned bright green and begun to wilt, remove from heat. Sprinkle vinegar and tamari or soy sauce over the top. Toss gently and serve.
Calories 70; Carbohydrates 5g; Fat 4g; Protein 2g; Recipe Yield 4 servings
Author Recipe adapted from Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair