- - 1 cup riesling or other sweet white wine
- - 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- - 1 tablespoon almond oil
- - 1/4 teaspoon salt
- - 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- - 8 cups mixed salad greens
- - 2 plums, sliced
- - 1 peaches, peeled and sliced
- - 1 nectarines, peeled and sliced
- - 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled, soft goat cheese
- - 4 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Heat wine in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat, and stir in vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper.
To serve salad, toss salad greens and fruit with dressing, divide it into 4 plates. Sprinkle each serving with goat cheese (.5 oz /serving), and sliced almonds (1 Tablespoon per serving). Serve immediately.
Calories 220; Carbohydrates 17g; Fat 11g; Protein 7g; Recipe Yield 4 servings
Author Adapted by Azucena Gamarra, MS, RD, CD from CookingLight