- - 1 oz. coarsely chopped walnuts
- - 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- - Cooking spray
- - 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- - ¼ c. orange juice
- - 16 Belgian endive leaves (about 2 heads)
- - 2 oz. crumbled reduced-fat goat cheese
- - 16 small orange sections (about 2 medium oranges)
- - 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- - 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine walnuts and 1 Tbsp. honey; spread on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes, stirring after 5 minutes.
3. Add remaining honey, vinegar, and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over high heat, and cook until reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 5 minutes).
4. Fill each endive leaf with 1 orange section. Top each section with 1 tsp. cheese and 1 tsp. walnuts; arrange on a plate. Drizzle the vinegar mixture evenly over leaves, and garnish with chives and pepper.
Prep Time 00:10; Cook Time 00:15; Total Time 00:25; Calories 85; Carbohydrates 11g; Fat 4g; Protein 2g; Serving Size 2 endive boats; Recipe Yield 8
Contributor adapted from CookingLight.com