- - 2 carrots, julienned or sliced into thin discs
- - 2 onions, quartered and sliced thinly
- - 1 cup sugar snap peas
- - 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast, cut into
- - 1" strips, 1/2" thick
- - 3 tablespoons curry powder
- - 3/4 cup water
- - Optional: 1 tablespoon crushed garlic, or 1.5
- - teaspoon grated ginger, or chili pepper flakes
Sauté carrots for one minute over medium-high heat in a 12" non-stick pan sprayed with cooking oil. Add snap peas, cook for one minute. Add onions, cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon curry powder, coat vegetables and cook "dry" for 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup water, cook for about one minute more until vegetables are a nice shade of yellow and most of the water has cooked off. Remove vegetables from pan and place in a bowl.
Re-spray the pan and cook the chicken with 1/4 cup water for 5 minutes or until white. Add 2 tablespoons curry power and cook "dry" for 30 seconds. Add 1/4-1/2 cup water and optional spices, if desired. Cook for another minute until most of the water is cooked off. Turn heat to low, add back the vegetables and combine all ingredients for 30 seconds.
Prep Time 00:10; Cook Time 00:12; Total Time 00:22; Calories 328; Carbohydrates 17g; Fat 9g; Protein 50g; Serving Size 1 ; Recipe Yield 3
Contributor 20/20 LifeStyles