- - 2 tsp. olive or canola oil
- - ½ c. onion, chopped
- - 1-15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- - 1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- - ½ c. water
- - 6 c. spinach, stemmed and coarsely chopped
- - 16 oz. package tofu, cut into 1” cubes
- - ½ c. cilantro, chopped
- - 2-3 tsp. curry powder
- - ½ tsp. ground cumin
- - ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- - ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
Briefly sauté onions in large saucepan in oil. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, and water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add spinach. Cover and cook just until spinach is wilted, approximately 3 minutes.
Stir in tofu, cilantro, and spices until well combined. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, approximately 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Prep Time 00:10; Cook Time 00:10; Total Time 00:20; Calories 200; Carbohydrates 28g; Fat 5g; Protein 13g; Serving Size 1; Sodium 450mg; Recipe Yield 5