Crock Pot Shredded Buffalo Chicken Chili (Stage 6)
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 ½ c. chopped white onion
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1, 15 oz. cans of no-salt-added white or black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (such as Frank’s Original)
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. cilantro
- ~14.5 oz. can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- ~8 oz. can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 jalapeno, sliced (optional)
- 1 ½ lbs. chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
- Cooking spray
- ½ cup water (optional, depending on desired thickness)
- Preheat large skillet on medium and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic, onions, carrots and peppers and sauté for 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to the crock pot, except chicken. Mix to combine.
- Add chicken breasts and make them sink in and be covered with the rest of ingredients. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or on High for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts, shred with 2 forks and return to the crock pot, cook for additional 30 minutes.
- Serving options: garnished with crumbled low fat feta or blue cheese, non-fat Greek yogurt or chopped cilantro and green onion. Add water for desired thickness.
- Refrigerate covered for up to 3 days or freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Prep Time 00:20; Cook Time 8:30; Calories 350; Carbohydrates 38g; Fat 3.5g; Fiber 10g; Protein 41g; Serving Size 4 servings; Sodium 720mg
- PRINT THIS RECIPE
- MORE LIKE THIS