- - 1 pound crabmeat
- - 1 egg, lightly beaten
- - 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs, (see Note)
- - 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- - 2 tablespoons minced chives
- - 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- - 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- - 1 teaspoon celery seed
- - 1 teaspoon onion powder
- - 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- - 4 dashes hot sauce,
- - 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Mix crab, egg, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, chives, mustard, lemon juice, celery seed, onion powder, pepper and hot sauce in a large bowl. Form into 4 patties.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until the butter stops foaming. Cook the patties until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
NOTE: Panko breadcrumbs, also known as Japanese breadcrumbs or bread flakes, are coarser in texture than other dried breadcrumbs. They produce a crispy crust and are less likely to become soggy than finely ground breadcrumbs. Look for panko in the Asian food section of large supermarkets and in specialty Asian markets.
Prep Time 00:10; Cook Time 00:08; Total Time 00:18; Calories 245; Carbohydrates 8g; Fat 12g; Protein 24g; Serving Size 1; Recipe Yield 4
Author Azucena Gamarra, MS, RD, CD Contributor Adapted from EatingWell