- - 1 cup of Lifeway Kefir (http://www.lifeway.net/product/kefir_original.php)
- - 2-3 medium beets, boiled in skins, peeled, shredded
- - 1 finely sliced fresh cucumber
- - 2 medium sliced tomatoes
- - 1 finely sliced bell pepper
- - 4-5 fresh radishes, finely sliced
- - 1 hard-boiled egg (sliced for garnish)
- - 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh baby dill
- - 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro
- - 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- - salt (to taste)
- - 1 chilled bottle of water
- - 2 Tbsp fat-free sour cream
1. Boil unpeeled beets in a pot full of water for about 40 min
2. Remove beets from hot water and cool completely. Peel, and shred using large shredder. Set aside.
3. While beets are cooking, in a large pot (or salad bowl), slice all fresh vegetables, fresh herbs, add lemon juice and salt.
4. Add Kefir and sour-cream.
5. Mix all together - taste it at this point; should be very zesty (sour and almost too salty)
6. Add chilled water (will cut saltiness) - add as much as you like your soup to have liquid-to-solids ratio.
7. Mix the soup.
8. Serve in a soup bowl, add one-two rounds of hard-boiled sliced egg, some fresh dill and enjoy!
Calories 120; Carbohydrates 17g; Fat 3.5g; Protein 6g
Author Svetlana Burke