- - 2 slices 100-calorie whole-grain bread
- - 4 to 5-oz. Cod filets, thawed or fresh
- - 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- - ¼ tsp. salt
- - ½ tsp. garlic powder
- - 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
Note: tilapia or chicken may be substituted for cod
1. Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking pan with foil (for easy clean up) and cover with a wire rack, spray with non-stick oil.
2. Cut bread into small pieces and pulse in food processor or blender until finely grated breadcrumbs. (Note: whole grain bread crumbs, 1/3 cup can be substituted for this).
3. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, salt, garlic, pepper and shredded coconut. Mix. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy.
4. Dip each filet of cod into the egg white mixture on both sides. Then dip into the breadcrumb and coconut mixture, pressing lightly on both sides to ensure they are well coated with the breadcrumb mix. Once coated, place fish on a wire rack. Bake for approx. 17-21 minutes, or until breadcrumb mixture is browned and fish is cooked fully.
Prep Time 00:10; Cook Time 00:20; Total Time 00:30; Calories 225; Carbohydrates 31g; Fat 6.5g; Protein 31g; Serving Size 1; Sodium 360mg; Recipe Yield 4
Contributor Adapted from Dashingdish.com