- - 2 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- - 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- - 1 lime
- - 1 pound(s) skinless, boneless thin-sliced chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- - 4 Whole Wheat flour tortillas (burrito size, try to select brands with about 100 calories each, i.e." Flat out Light")
- - 1 cup low fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- - 1/2 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- - 2 cup salsa
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium 1 minute. Add green onions and cook about 2 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, from lime, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. Evenly season chicken on both sides with lime peel, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper. Add chicken to green onion in skillet; cook 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside. Transfer to bowl; stir in lime juice. Evenly divide chicken mixture and cheese on half of each tortilla; fold over to make 4 quesadillas.
In same skillet, cook quesadillas on medium, in 2 batches, 8 minutes per batch or until browned on both sides and heated through. Cut each quesadilla into thirds.
Stir avocado into salsa; serve ½ cup of salsa with each quesadilla.
Calories 400; Carbohydrates 31g; Fat 14g; Protein 38g; Recipe Yield 4 servings
Author Adapted by Azucena Gamarra, MS, RD, CD from Good Housekeeping