- - 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- - 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- - 1 teaspoon dried basil
- - ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- - Cooking spray
- - 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- - 1 bell pepper, chopped
- - ½ onion or 1 small, chopped
- - 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- - salt and pepper to taste
- - 2 oz. shaved Parmigiano Cheese
- - 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
Spray pan with cooking spray and add cut up pieces of chicken breast and diced onions.
Sauté chicken and onions until lightly browned, about 2 minutes, stirring often.
Add mushrooms and bell pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes.
Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
Cover and reduce heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in oregano, and crushed red pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
Prep Time 00:05; Cook Time 00:20; Total Time 00:25; Calories 239; Carbohydrates 11g; Fat 6g; Protein 34g; Serving Size 1; Recipe Yield 4
Author Megan Vucinovich, RD Contributor Adapted from Cooking Light