- - 2 teaspoons canola oil
- - 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- - ¼ teaspoon salt
- - ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- - 12 oz chicken breast tenders
- - 1 medium red onion, diced
- - 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- - 1 cup chopped zucchini
- - ½ cup salsa verde
- - 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- - 4 (8-inch) whole wheat tortillas
- - 3 oz. (~3/4 cup) grated Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring well. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over chicken. Add chicken to pan; sauté for 3 minutes. Add onion, corn, and zucchini to pan; sauté for 2 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in salsa and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring frequently.
3. Working with 2 tortillas at a time, arrange tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet; lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray. Broil three minutes or until lightly browned. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla; sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cheese. Broil an additional 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, and cheese. Sprinkle each serving with about 3/4 teaspoon of remaining cilantro. Serve immediately.
Prep Time 00:15; Cook Time 00:15; Total Time 00:30; Calories 371; Carbohydrates 36g; Fat 11g; Protein 31g; Serving Size 1 tostada; Sodium 740mg; Recipe Yield 4
Contributor Adapted from Cooking Lite