- - SALSA:
- - 2 cups pomegranate seeds (about 4 pomegranates)
- - 1 cup finely chopped orange sections (about 2 oranges)
- - 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- - 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- - 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- - 1/4 teaspoon salt
- - 1 tablespoon paprika
- - 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- - 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- - 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- - 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- - 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- - 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- - 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- - 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
To prepare salsa, combine the first 6 ingredients.
To prepare shrimp, combine paprika and the next 7 ingredients (through allspice) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag; seal and shake well to coat. Remove shrimp from bag.
Heat 3 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of shrimp mixture; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 3 teaspoons oil and remaining shrimp mixture. Serve warm with salsa.
Calories 260; Carbohydrates 35g; Fat 8g; Protein 25g; Recipe Yield 6 servings
Author Adapted by Azucena Gamarra, MS, RD from Cooking Light