1. Preheat oven to 325F. In a large mixing bowl beat on high egg whites with cream of tartar. Gently fold in baking powder, water and protein shake packets. If using dehydrated fruits, gently fold those in as well.
2. Lightly coat muffin tin with cooking spray. Place equal portions into 6 jumbo (or 12 smaller) portions in a muffin tin.
3. Bake at 325 degrees for about 35 minutes (stick a toothpick in the center of the muffin at around 35 minutes to see if it comes out dry - if so, take out early). If you have a convection oven, bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.
4. Muffins will come out large and fluffy, but will soon deflate somewhat after they have cooled. Cool for 1 hour on a rack IN the muffin pan and then take out and wrap individually in plastic.
5. Freeze for later use or enjoy them right away!
Play around with spices and extracts. Some of our favorites are pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Use an extra teaspoon or two of vanilla or almond flavoring. If you are wanting your muffin to taste more like orange or lemon, use some extract and dired lemon or orange peel. You don't need to add any extra calories to your recipe for these.
Play around with adding dehydrated/freeze dried fruits - use any that do not have added sugar or sweeteners/ You can purchase these fruits online at Amazon, or at stores such as PCC, Fred Meyer, Whole Foods or Trader Joe's.