BLOG NUTRITION, SUPPLEMENTS
June 10, 2015
Double Your Fiber
Need a Fiber Boost? Here Are 6 Recipes with 10g or More!
Do you tend to feel a little backed up, gassy or bloated? Fiber can be a thing of magic when it comes to normalizing your gut. Here are 4 breakfast or snack ideas that pack a big punch in the fiber department. Each offers at least 10g, which is almost half of your daily minimum goal!
- 2 Minute Protein Cake Mug with Flax
- Follow this recipe for the Vanilla Protein Cake Mug, adding 2 tbsp. ground flax to the mix before microwaving and enjoy!
- Nutrition: 310 calories, 27g protein, 5g fat, 40g carb, 565mg sodium, 10g fiber
- Apple & Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Blend ½ cup chopped kale with ½ oz. chia seeds, ¾ cup chopped apple and 1 packet vanilla 20/20 High Protein Powder. Add lemon or cinnamon per preference.
- Nutrition: 315 calories, 27g protein, 5g fat, 43g carb, 274 mg sodium, 12g fiber
- Crunchy Yogurt Parfait
- Layer 1 cup 0% high protein plain yogurt (such as Fage brand) with 1/3 c. Kellogg’s brand All Bran Cereal and ½ cup fresh blueberries.
- Nutrition: 230 calories, 24g protein, 2g fat, 40g carb, 165mg sodium, 13g fiber
- Zesty Mexican Lettuce Wraps
- Layer ½ cup rinsed no-salt-added canned black beans with 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, ¼ cup shredded red cabbage, ¼ cup grated carrots and 2 tbsp. salsa on 2-3 leaves butter lettuce.
- Nutrition: 260 calories, 19g protein, 8g fat, 30g carb, 611mg sodium, 10g fiber