BLOG NUTRITION, FOOD
April 23, 2014
Dairy-Free Snack Ideas
1. A medium Apple-Pear (or other fruit) with 1 tbsp. almond or peanut butter
2. 1/2 c jicama, 1/2 c yellow bell pepper slices and 1/4 c cherry tomatoes with ¼ c. hummus
3. 1 oz. Doctor Kracker brand crackers (or other whole-grain cracker of choice), served with 2 oz. canned chicken or 2 oz. lower-sodium deli turkey
4. ½-1 c cucumber slices, served with 2 oz. tuna (mixed with 1/8 avocado and onions, peppers, cucumber to desired taste) as ‘stackers’
5. 1/3 c Kind Oats & Honey Clusters w/Toasted Coconut brand granola, with 10 peanuts mixed in
6. 1 medium apple, sliced, with 2 oz. lower-sodium deli ham
7. 3/4 c. shelled fresh edamame, topped with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
8. 1 oz. shelled dried edamame or soy nuts (such as Cruncha-mame, Genisoy or Seapoint Farms brands)
9. 100-calorie bag popped light kettle corn popcorn (such as Orville Redenbacher or Pop Secret brands), mixed with 1/8 c. unsalted pistachio nut meat
10. 2/3-1 cup low-fat soy or almond yogurt (such as Amande or SoDelicious brands), optional with 1 tbsp. seeds or 5 walnut halves
11. 20/20 Peanut Toffee Crunch Protein Bar
12. Oroweat Sandwich Thin, whole grain, filled with egg white salad (1 egg + 2 egg whites, chopped and mixed with 2 tbsp. hummus or dairy-free mayo)
13. La Tortilla Factory Soft Wrap filled with ¼ c. hummus and ¼ c bean sprouts
14. 1 pickle spear with 2 oz. Heidi Hen’s no salt added turkey breast wrapped around it
15. ½- 1 c. celery stalks filled with 1 tbsp. peanut butter
16. 1 c. reduced-sodium butternut squash or tomato soup with 2 oz. cooked ground chicken or turkey mixed in
17. ½ serving 20/20 recipe Edamame and Bean Salad with Shrimp and Fresh Salsa. Find recipe here.
18. 1 medium bell pepper, top and seeds removed, filled with 2 oz. tuna, egg white or chicken salad
19. 2 ounces Whole Foods 365 or Trader Joe’s brands jerky with 1 medium fruit
20. Ramen soup: ½ package Shirataki Tofu Noodles with 1 ½ c. low sodium broth and 2 oz. diced chicken or Trader Joe’s high protein tofu plus ½ c. diced celery, ¼ c. shredded carrots and ¼ c. diced onion
The above list are 20 of our favorite dairy-free snacks that are sure to keep you satisfied!
What are your favorite snacks? Share your ideas with others and maybe you'll find yourself inspiring someone to try something new and healthy with their diet!